On behalf of our client, ParadigmRecrutiment is seeking a Data Engineer for a 6-Month contract opportunity in Calgary, AB.
Data Engineer Job Details
- Our client’s team works with data that powers their products to improve safety and reliability.
- By working hands-on with ground-breaking technology, the team pioneers the development of innovative products through small agile teams.
- The client’s team incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
- As a Data Engineer, you’ll help ingest, transform and store clean and enriched data in ready for business intelligence consumption.
- You’ll be based in an office environment with occasional travel to other team locations.
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
- Our client builds advanced technology products to deliver energy in a safe and reliable way to fuel a rapidly innovating world.
- Here, they believe in an Agile way of working, focus on their people and value craftsmanship, in a ‘work is play’ environment where they offer a flexible, fun, and modern working style to support individual needs.
Data Engineer Mandatory Skills
- Experience in a Data Engineer role (5+ years), with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Experience building and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Experience assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Experience identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.
- Experience building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Data Bricks, No-SQL
- Experience building analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Experience documenting and communicating standard methods and tools used.
- Experience working with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Big data tools: Hadoop, HDI, & Spark
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including COSMOS
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Data Bricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow
- Microsoft Azure
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL
Data Engineer Assignment Length
6 Months with possibility of extension
Data Engineer Location
Data Engineer Start Date