On behalf of our client, Paradigm Recruitment is seeking an Intermediate C#.Net Developer for an 12-month contract.
Intermediate C#.Net Developer Job Details:
Our valued client requires an Intermediate C#.Net Developer to assist with planning, estimating, designing, developing and testing for critical software applications in order to deliver quality software products and services and to satisfy the business needs of the client business units, within the specified time and budget. The chosen candidate will work with staff from other areas for the overall benefit of Pipeline Control Systems & Leak Detection (PCSLD). They will also maintain and enhance existing Pipeline Control & Leak Detection products and technologies.
Intermediate C#.Net Developer Responsibilities:
- Participate in the research, design, development, and testing of new products and/or functional enhancements to existing products, and their implementation into the SCADA and/or Leak Detection systems.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, application testing and configuration changes, as a member of the team which takes ownership of custom-developed SCADA and Leak Detection software products.
- Be responsive, supportive, and available to other PCSLD teams in support of Control Centre Operations and other business areas.
- Demonstrate technical leadership on projects and to members of the team.
- Support SCADA Operations through the 7X24 call-out for Tier 3 escalation rotation
- Demonstrate commitment to the Software Solutions team and its success.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Software Development best practices, standards, and operating procedures as applicable to mission critical, SCADA and Leak Detection software development.
- Perform code reviews on developers of all experience levels, with the ability to give and take constructive feedback.
- Prepare and maintain documentation as per Client standards.
- Participate in the Client’s Health and Safety program.
- Deliver customer requirements with consideration to overall corporate strategy.
- Assist clients with the adoption of new technologies and business processes.
- Demonstrate technical leadership on projects, project teams and product development.
- Maintain leading edge technical skills through regular technical training, industry conferences, and internal cross-training, and use that knowledge to help the entire team stay current on industry/technology trends.
- Involvement in design/code reviews and technology investigations required for projects involving the Software Solutions Team.
- Design, develop, and implement SCADA and/or Leak Detection applications/products.
- Provide input and feedback on the team’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and quality processes to ensure continuous improvement within the team.
- Regular communication with project managers and/or Supervisor
- Failure to deliver on high priority initiatives has potential to impact overall company performance or commitments to customers.
Intermediate C#.Net Developer Must Have Skills:
- Relevant degree / diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Four or more years of work experience.
- Strong industry expertise in C#, Python and/or Java with an excellent track record of designing and implementing complex system software.
- Some knowledge and experience in SCADA, communication protocols, PLC/RTU/DCS data driver development and both historical and real-time data access methodologies considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to junior staff
- Strong analytical communications and problems solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good presentation skills and ability to write technical documents/specifications.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, priority-changing environment.
Intermediate C#.Net Developer Assignment Length:
Intermediate C#.Net Developer Job Location: