On behalf of our client in the Public Services Sector, Paradigm Recruitment is looking for a Sr. Specialized IT consultant – Developer.
Sr. Specialized IT consultant – Developer – Job Description
- Works in partnership with clients, advising them on information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems, work to improve structure and efficiency of an organization’s I&IT systems.
- The I&IT Consultant may be used to provide strategic guidance to organizations with regard to Information Management & IT technology, IT infrastructures and the enablement of major business processes through enhancements to IT.
- Provides subject matter expertise in their field and highly expert technical assistance.
- Acts as the technical advisor/expert on all aspects of a specific deliverable
- Provide the quality assurance/quality control of specific deliverables
- Anticipates and resolves problems to ensure that the deliverables are completed within budget, to the highest quality, meeting or exceeding expectations
- Develops processes and procedures for implementing deliverables
- Prepares reports and presentations including options, recommendations, implementation plans, etc.
- Works with clients to define the scope of a project and to determine requirements
- Defines software, hardware and network requirements
- Analyzes I&IT requirements giving independent and objective advice on the use of I&IT
- Designs, tests, installs and monitors new systems and develops solutions and implementation of new systems
- Familiar with change-management principles and methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
Sr. Specialized IT consultant – Developer – Mandatory Skills
- Strong and hands-on developer
- Experience in developing web-based applications
- Supporting the both development and support platforms
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Knowledge and experience with developing web-based applications using Angular v9+ and Spring boot frameworks, Java 8+
- Experience in developing and support of cloud native applications running on PaaS services like VMWare Tanzu
- Experience working with DevOps engineers to design and implement an end to end CI/CD pipeline for the application and ensure performance and reliability of production environments
- Experience in API integration best practices
Sr. Specialized IT consultant – Developer –Skills
- Ability to collaborate with IT Professionals throughout the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in design and development of responsive web applications
- Experience in asynchronous programming both client and server
- Experience in designing and developing scalable microservices and database services
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment
- Expertise to influence testing strategy and guide test automation
- Perform peer review and ensure quality at every stage of the product development lifecycle
- Provide mentorship and perform knowledge transfer to other peer developers
- Recommend and implement changes to reference architecture, development frameworks and design patterns
- Promotes industry standards and best practices with the product teams
- Experience implementing application performance monitoring tools like Azure Monitor
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA)/WCAG 2.0 related regulations and standards
- Ability to provide user and system documentation as required
- Experience working in an agile environment and using tools like Azure DevOps
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with Government work environment, tools, applications would be an advantage.
Sr. Specialized IT consultant – Developer – Assignment Duration
2021-06-14 to 2022-03-31
Sr. Specialized IT consultant – Developer – Assignment Location
Remote at this time