On behalf of our client, Paradigm Recruitment is looking for a Systems Software Stability Developer. In this position, you will be part of the Systems Software Performance and Stability team This team has the responsibility for the measurement and analysis of system software performance and stability, as well as the research, design, and implementation of improvements across a variety of domains and components.
- Investigate and resolve complex system software issues. Interface with many functional teams from Kernel to application/UI domains as part of the investigations.
- Investigate system and process crashes using developed tools. Perform initial triage to identify the offending component responsible for final resolution, and/or root cause where required.
- Develop embedded system components to detect and report system stability events in accordance with existing architectures.
- Develop on-device and server-side tooling and/or automated testing to capture and post-process key system performance diagnostics
- Characterize and measure performance impacts of key feature submissions.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years’ professional experience in an embedded SW development environment (5+ years preferred)
- Have a keen interest in software technologies, with emphasis on multi-threaded embedded systems design, real time OS development and optimization
- High level of knowledge in C/C++ programming
- Previous experience with QNX and/or Linux OS development
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for improving system software performance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to have
- Broad and deep professional-level knowledge in various scripting languages, including Python and shell scripts
- Development experience networking systems (CAN/Ethernet)
- Prior work experience in test automation and/or server development
- Experience with code repository and versioning tools such as Git
12 months contract to start + likely extension
Remote during COVID with an eventual return to the Ottawa office.